Monday, July 22, 2013

I kill Giants

Hey everyone, and welcome to my blog again.
It's freezing here and my fingers are having a hard time hitting the right keys, so dont hate on me if I make a typo, please.
Today I'm going to talk to you about a graphic novel which combines beautiful drawings and a compelling (and short) plot.
I kill giants is the story of a young, kind of delusional girl, who likes tabletop roleplaying (as does this humble writer here) and takes it a little bit too far: she's convinced she is the only person able to kill giants.

Written by Joe Kelly, the plot starts by introducing us to this rather odd main character (who you can see in the front cover). She is a young girl, constantly talking about giants, and how to beat them. As the story goes forward, we see she doesn't have many friends, and she does have some problems at her home, with her family, which she starts to talk about with the school's psychologist. 
Finally, she mentions the existence of Titans: "giants so big and ugly, the sun doesn't want to shine on them", which of course end up being a metaphor for the real "elephant in the room" (or should I say Giant in the room), the cause to her being an outcast freak...


This novel, exquisitely drawn by J. M. Ken Niimura, is completely worth a read, and with only 7 short episodes it can be read in a day or two... What are you waiting for? go read it now! 

Bye, and I hope you like it. If you have any obscure comicbook or movie you want me to talk about, or some other topic, just tell me and I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are the force that motivates me to keep posting. If you liked what you read, please leave a comment, even if you only say 'I liked your post'.